Starquest Performing Arts and the Jackie Lynn Dance Studios is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Starquest Performing Arts and the Jackie Lynn Dance Studios may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018.
What we collect
We only collect the following information on this website:
- Name* – so we can address you personally in emails
- Email* – so that we can contact you by email
- Contact phone number – sometimes it is easier for us to call you to discuss your needs
- Which branch area are you interested in – to understand your preferences about our locations
- Age of the applicant – so that we can establish what classes would be suitable for them
- Subject – so we can understand what you are inquiring about
- Message* – this helps us understand what you want to know so that we can contact you with relevant information
- There is also an unchecked tick box which you can leave unchecked if you do not want your personal details added to our database for receiving further information and news from us.
*this denotes that the information is required
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about or audition open days, courses, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate if you wish to be added to our database for future email marketing contact from us
- if you agree to be added to our database for further news and information from us, you may change your mind at any time and have your details removed. You can do this by either using the ‘unsubscribe’ feature on the emails or by writing to us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.